Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I Just Exist

You bark orders and call me lazy,
I get to it, and I just exist,
You tell me I'm getting uglier day-by-day,
I put on a frozen smile and I just exist.
You tell me I'm getting too old,
I pretend not to hear you and I just exist.

You tell me I'm fundamentally flawed.
You tell me I'm too smart,
You tell me I'm too stupid,
You tell me I'm a liar,
You tell me I'm too honest,
You tell me I talk too little,
You tell me I talk too much,
You tell me I will never live up to your ever-changing ideals.
And I just exist.

But I don't want to just exist anymore.
Now I want to live.

Now I want to tell you,
I am not Lazy,
I am not Ugly,
I am not Old,
I am not Flawed,
I am not Stupid,
I am Amazing,
I am Myself,

Human beings my loves,
Are Fundamentally Flawed.
Including yourselves.

And you are fucking lucky,
To have me as your daughter,
Flaws and all.

~deviousDiv

2 comments:

anantya said...

Leave.

icyHighs said...

AAAAAgnst!